Augmented Reality is the new cool kid on the block that every brand wants on its team. In the past couple of years, numerous brands across the globe have added AR to their products and/or services to get ahead in the game. While sectors from Sports to Travel, to Foods & Beverages, Fashion and Education are all warming up to AR, don’t let your brand be left behind.
If you are considering adding AR to your brand game, here’s all you need to know. If you haven’t, here’s why you should.
What is Augmented Reality?
Augmented Reality is a technology which super-imposes (overlays) graphic information/content on a real-world image. In simpler words, Augmented Reality “augments” or improves your experience of the real world around you by applying computer-generated graphics through the screen of a phone, a smart glass, or any other supporting device.
How AR helps brands?
One word: Interactive.
Through commercial history, brands have put in a lot of resources, from monetary investments to human (brand ambassadorship) to creative (verbal and visual content), all towards one goal –
to communicate the voice of their brand. Augmented Reality takes the next leap in making a brand strike a personal cord with its audience by allowing its customers to directly interact with it. Interaction etches memories, and memories are one of the best ways for a brand to live on.
Some of the biggest brands across the globe have adopted Augmented Reality to increase brand engagements. Outdoor campaigns such as Axe’s Angels Campaign, or Pepsi’s Alien Overtake showcase are a sneak peek into the way in which AR allows brands to engage and interact with its audience.
How can YOU make the most of AR?
We believe by now, you are more than excited to add AR to your brand and its products. But before you Jetson the future of your brand, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- The unique voice of your brand which you wish to communicate through AR. Your brand voice would be the core value that your brand wishes to add to the lives of its consumers. This will help you decide the way you wish to communicate with them.
- Key Objectives. Once you have a clear understanding of your brand, it is time to list out the key objectives or the purpose of your brand to employ Augmented Reality.
- Be thorough with your Budget. Like you would for any other marketing/ad/outreach activity, map out your budget and move forth to see whatever fits best. Remember, not all of AR is NOT expensive and it has something for everyone.
- Keep it simple. With AR, the list of possibilities is, literally, endless. But don’t try and do it all in a single campaign, even if you can. The main goal is to connect with the audience, so keep the message and method as simple as possible for them to understand.
- Know your audience and what they want. Know your target audience and aim your campaign theme around positively adding to their world. Solve a consumer problem for them, give them an unforgettable experience, or simply make them see the world through a fresh new lens (literally).
- Aim for memorable. Consider your assets, such as the packaging, merchandise etc which could be used to base the AR experience upon. If you don’t have one, add that into the monetary budget.
- KEEP UP! Augmented Reality is a fairly new technology and it is growing by unimaginable folds every day. Keep yourself posted with all that’s up and trending and stay ahead.
With all of that being said, we believe we have decently equipped you with enough clarity to take the plunge. Tell us how it goes!